Breast Augmentation, Dr. Sofer, Castle Connolly Top Doctor
Have you been considering breast augmentation, but are hesitant about the surgery? Breast augmentation is the most common plastic surgery procedure. Following the trend, breast augmentation is also the most common surgery performed by Dr. Sofer at the Plastic Surgery Center of Fairfield in Connecticut and New York. Dr. Sofer finds breast augmentation to be one of the most gratifying procedures as the results are great and patients are happy. Yet, at the Plastic Surgery Center of Fairfield we understand that choosing to undergo surgery is a difficult decision. Some of the issues that may make you hesitant about surgery are addressed here in a Q&A format. We hope that this Q&A can help ease the decision-making process and encourage you to trust us to meet your needs.
TYPES OF BREAST IMPLANTS, FAIRFIELD CONNECTICUT
Saline breast implants are filled with sterile saline solution. Saline breast implants provide a uniform shape, firmness and feel and they are FDA approved for breast implants in women ages 18 and older.
Silicone breast implants are filled with silicone gel. The gel feels a bit more like natural breast tissue. An ultrasound or MRI screening can assess the condition of breast implants.
Gummy bear breast implants are shaped rather than round. They have more projection at the bottom and are tapered towards the top.
Round breast implants have a tendency to make breasts appear fuller than form-stable implants. Higher profile options can achieve even more projection.
Breast Augmentation - Dr. Sofer's Approach
BREAST AUGMENTATION - DR. SOFER'S APPROACH
Consultation at Plastic Surgery Center of Fairfield:
3D evaluation with Vectra 3D imaging system will be utilized to help us choose the implant that is right for you. Learn more about Vectra 3D imaging system.
Average duration of surgery for breast augmentation:
Anesthesia is general by a board certified anesthesiologist in an accredited surgical facility or hospital.
Delivery of the implant: No-touch technique with the use of Keller Funnel Learn more about Keller Funnel here.
Breast Augmentation Recovery:
- 1-2 hours in the recovery room
- 3 days managing surgical discomfort with pain medications and muscle relaxants
- 10-14 days to resume your daily living activities
- 4-6 weeks to resume full exercise
Breast Augmentation Q&A
What are my breasts going to look like after my breast augmentation?
At the Plastic Surgery Center of Fairfield we offer 3D imaging of your own body, select implants and can stimulate the final outcome. Learn more about the Vectra 3D Imaging here.
What are the complications?
- Any surgery involves some risks, but risks of complications are extremely rare.
Where is the surgery performed?
- Safety is the most important factor. Your surgery is performed under anesthesia by a board certified anesthesiologist at an accredited surgery center or hospital setting.
What is the level of discomfort?
- The first 2-3 days you will be on pain control medications and muscle relaxants. Pain subsides significantly after the third day.
How long is the recovery?
- You usually need about 10 days to 2 weeks until you can get back to the activities of your daily life. If you have surgery on Friday then you should be able to get back to work by the Monday after. Full exercise will take about 6 weeks to perform.
Plastic Surgery Cost for Breast Augmentation
- Cost for breast augmentation can range from $6000-$8500 depending on the type of implants you choose and OR and anesthesia.
We also offer financing with CareCredit... Learn More
You will also earn points for future rewards... Learn More