Have you been considering to have breast Augmentation but hesitant about the surgery? Breast Augmentation is the most common Plastic Surgery procedure. Following the trend, Breast augmentation is also the most common surgery performed by Dr. Sofer at the Plastic Surgery Center of Fairfield in Connecticut and New York. Dr. Sofer finds breast augmentation as one of the most gratifying procedures as the results are good and patients are happy. Yet, at the Plastic Surgery Center of Fairfield we understand that to choose to undergo surgery is a difficult decision. Some of the issues that may make you hesitant about surgery are addressed here in a Q&A format. We hope that this Q & A can help to ease the decision making process to have surgery with us:
Breast Augmentation Q&A
What are my breasts going to look like after my breast augmentation?
At the Plastic Surgery Center of Fairfield we offer 3D imaging of your own body, select implants and stimulate the final outcome. Learn more about the Vectra 3D Imaging
How much does breast augmentation cost?
Take advantage of our breast augmentation special: Breast Augmentation Cost Connecticut: $5995 for saline breast implant surgery and $6995 for silicone breast implant surgery. (Breast augmentation without lift. Fees include one hour for the OR and Anesthesia. Usual cost is over 8000 for Saline and over 9000 for Silicone implants). Learn more about financing. Also your will earn points for being our VIP patients. Learn more about membership rewards.
What are the complications?
- Any surgery involves some risks. But risks of complications are extremely rare.
Where is the surgery performed?
- Safety is the most important factor. Your surgery is performed under anesthesia by a board certified anesthesiologist at an accredited surgery center or hospital setting.
What is the level of discomfort?
- The first 2-3 days you will be on pain control medication and muscle relaxant. Pain subsides significantly after the third day.
How long is the recovery?
- Usually you need about 10 days to 2 weeks until you get back to the activities of your daily living. If you have surgery on Friday you should be able to get back to work by the Monday after. Full exercise will take about 6 weeks.
Types of Breast Implants, Fairfield Connecticut
Saline breast implants are filled with sterile saline solution. Saline breast implants provide a uniform shape, firmness and feel, and they are FDA-approved for breast implants in women age 18 or older.
Silicone breast implants are filled with silicone gel. The gel feels a bit more like natural breast tissue. An ultrasound or MRI screening can assess the condition of breast implants.
Gummy bear breast implants are shaped rather than round. They have more projection at the bottom and are tapered towards the top.
Round breast implants have a tendency to make breasts appear fuller than form-stable implants. Higher profile options can achieve even more projection.
Breast Augmentation - Dr. Sofer's Approach
Consultation at Plastic Surgery Center of Fairfield: 3D evaluation with Vectra 3D imaging system will be utilized to help us choose the implant that is right for you. Learn more about Vectra 3D imaging system.
Average duration of surgery for breast augmentation: 1 hour
Anesthesia: General by a board certified anesthesiologist in an accredited surgical facility or hospital.
Delivery of the implant: No touch technique with the use of Keller Funnel. (learn more about Keller Funnel)
Breast Augmentation Recovery:
- 1-2 hours in the Recovery room
- 3 days of management of surgical discomfort with pain meds and muscle relaxant
- 10-14 days: resume your activities of daily living
- 4-6 weeks: Full exercise
Plastic Surgery Cost for Breast Augmentation: Take advantage of our Breast Augmentation Special: $5995 for Saline Breast Implant Surgery and $6995 Silicone Breast Implant Surgery. Cost based on (1) one hour in the operating room.
- Dr. Sofer is an award winning Plastic Surgeon who has been in practice for over 15 Years.
- He has been recognized as the best Plastic Surgeon in Fairfield County, Connecticut for 4 years in a row and is also recognized by prestigious Castle Connelly as top Doctor in NY Metro
- He is certified by the American board of Plastic Surgery.
- He performs more breast augmentations in Fairfield County than any other plastic Surgeon.
- Patient satisfaction and Safety is our top concern.