Breasts often change their shape and firmness over time. They become droopy due to multiple factors including the following:
- Weight change
Breast lift or Mastopexy is a procedure in which a new breast contour is created by tightening the breast tissue and removing the excess skin. In the process, the areola is repositioned and resized to a new aesthetically pleasing position. Minimal droopiness may be corrected with implants alone. Following the trend, breast lift is one of the common plastic surgery procedures performed by Dr. Sofer at the Plastic Surgery Center of Fairfield, CT.
WHAT BREAST LIFTS CANNOT DO
Breast lift surgery cannot significantly change the size of your breasts or round out the upper part of your breast. If you want your breasts to look fuller, especially in the upper pole, a breast lift with a breast implant may be what you are looking for. If you want smaller breasts, consider breast reduction surgery that will lift your breasts as well.
A BREAST LIFT IS A FAVORABLE CHOICE FOR YOU IF:
- You are healthy physically and keep a consistent weight
- You do not smoke
- You have realistic expectations of the procedure
- You are bothered by the sense that your breasts have lost their shape and volume
- Your breasts have a droopy or unflattering shape
- Your nipples are below the breast crease when unsupported
- Your nipples or areolas point downwards
- Your breasts have enlarged areolas
- Your breasts are at uneven heights
Breast Lift - Dr. Sofer's approach
In Dr. Sofer's view, there is no "one formula" to correct all breasts. Aesthetically-pleasing breasts are a balancing act between volume, the skin envelope and the position of the areola. Once volume is in place, skin envelope and areola repositioning will follow. The consultation is key to discussing your desired goals specifically in terms of volume and upper pole fullness as that will be the determining factor of the surgical design strategy. Dr. Sofer may suggest the addition of implants or removal of breast tissue in order to achieve your desired outcome.
Breast Lift Surgery Time
Between 2-3 hours depending on the surgical plan
Anesthesia is general by a board certified anesthesiologist at an accredited surgical facility or hospital setting.
Breast Lift Incision
Depends on the surgical plan and amount of skin removed:
- Around the areola, or
- Around the areola and down to the fold (lollipop), or
- Around the areola and down to the fold and along the fold (anchor)
Breast Lift Recovery
- 1 or 2 hours in the recovery room
- Pain management for average of 3 days with pain medications and muscle relaxants; soreness is then managed with anti-inflammatory medications
- 7-10 days to resume daily living activities
- 4-6 weeks to resume full exercise
Breast Lift Plastic Surgery Cost
Depends on the amount of time in the operating room, which changes the cost of OR and anesthesia. Breast lift costs range from $7000-$9000.
We also offer financing through CareCredit... Learn More
You will also earn points for future rewards... Learn More