Breast firmness and shape can change and become droopy due to multiple factors including the following:
- Weight change
Breast lift or Mastopexy is a procedure in which a new breast contour is created by tightening the breast tissue and removing the excess skin. In the process, the areola is repositioned and resized to a new aesthetically pleasing position. Minimal droopiness may be corrected with implants alone. Following the trend, breast lift is one of Dr. Sofer's most common plastic surgery procedures.
WHAT BREAST LIFTS CANNOT DO
Breast lift surgery is unable to majorly impact breast size. The upper part of the breast also cannot be rounded out. If patients seek fuller breasts in areas such as the upper pole then adding a breast implant to the breast lift surgery can be ideal. In contrast, if patients desire smaller breasts then a breast reduction surgery may be more appropriate as it can also lift breasts.
A BREAST LIFT IS FAVORABLE IF Patients:
- Are physically healthy and maintain a consistent weight
- Do not smoke
- Have realistic expectations about the procedure
- Are bothered about the loss in breast volume or shape
- Have breasts that are droopy or have an unflattering shape
- Have nipples below their breast crease when they are unsupported
- Have nipples or areolas that point downwards
- Have breasts with enlarged areolas
- Have breasts at uneven heights
Breast Lift - Dr. Sofer's approach
Dr. Sofer believes there isn't a single ideal method to correct every breast. Volume, skin envelope and areola position should all be considered in breast surgery. Volume is addressed first, then the skin envelope, followed by area repositioning. The consultation is key to discussing your desired goals specifically in terms of volume and upper pole fullness as that will be the determining factor of the surgical design strategy. Dr. Sofer may suggest the addition of implants or removal of breast tissue in order to achieve your desired outcome.
Breast Lift Surgery Time
Between 2-3 hours depending on surgery plans
General anesthesia is provided at an accredited surgical facility or hospital setting by a board certified anesthesiologist.
The Breast Lift Incision
The incision depends on surgery plans as well as how much skin is removed in the following areas:
- The areola, or
- The areola and down to the fold (lollipop), or
- The areola, down to the fold as well as along the fold (anchor)
Breast Lift Recovery
- Recovery room time ranges from 1 to 2 hours
- Pain medications and muscle relaxants can manage pain for around 3 days; anti-inflammatory medications can address soreness
- Daily living activities can be resumed in 7-10 days
- Full exercise can be resumed in 4-6 weeks
Breast Lift Plastic Surgery Cost
Plastic Surgery Cost Breakdown: These costs usually include a one time fee that includes everything from start to finish. Here is a rough breakdown of the fees:
- Initial consultation with the doctor and nurses (1 Hour)
- Pre-op appointment to review paperwork and gather information regarding medication and follow up appointments. Photos are usually taken, implant selection. (1-2 Hours)
- Surgeons fee
- Anesthesia for your surgery
- Operating room fee (equipment, staff and room fee)
- Garments (may or may not be included)
- All follow-up visits (Usually 3-6 visits, 15-30 min each)
- Post-op photos
- Bandages and equipment used during follow up visits.
- 24-hour on-call surgeon
There are some factors that can cause these fees to different from doctor to doctor and place to place.
- Geography: Where you live (Cost of living)
- Surgical Time: For the most part this is an individual factor. Especially in larger surgeries, such as, tummy tuck and mommy makeovers.
- Skill: The skill of your doctor.
- Implants: Depending on what implant you choose
CareCredit also provides financing... Learn More
Future rewards can be earned as well... Learn More