Breast Revision Surgery Fairfield Connecticut
Primary breast augmentation is one of the most commonly performed cosmetic plastic surgery procedures. It is also one of the most satisfying procedures as most patients get an excellent result and are happy with their outcome. Unfortunately, as any surgical procedure, it does involve risks and complications. A small number of woman will require earlier revision surgery for a range of reasons. This surgery is generally more complicated than the initial insertion surgery, and needs to be done by an expert plastic surgeon.
Reasons for requiring breast implant revision include:
- Dissatisfaction with implant size
- Implant related complications such
- Capsular Contracture: hardening due to the scar around the implant thickening and changing the shape of the breast. Sometimes being painful.
- Implant leakage, deflation or rupture
- Complications with contracture or infection
- Implant has shifted, leading to symmastia (no Cleavage), buttoming out or double bubble deformity
Revisional surgery aims to improve physical discomfort and improve the cosmetic appearance of the breasts. The previous implant are usually replaced with a new one that may be a different size, shape, or texture.
Why Should you have Breast Revision Surgery with Dr. Sofer?
- Dr. Sofer is an award winning Plastic Surgeon who has been in Plastic Surgery practice for over 15 Years.
- Dr. Sofer has been recognized as the best Plastic Surgeon in Fairfield County for 4 years in a row and is also recognized by prestigious Castle Connelly as top Doctor in NY Metro area and Connecticut.
- Dr. Sofer is certified by the American board of Plastic Surgery.
- Dr. Sofer has established a reputation of caring with devotion and unsurpassed surgical skill
- Patient Satisfaction and Safety is Dr. Sofer's top concern