Breast Revision Surgery Fairfield Connecticut
Primary breast augmentation is one of the most commonly performed cosmetic plastic surgery procedures. It is also a very satisfying procedure as most patients get excellent results and are very happy with the outcome. Unfortunately, as any surgical procedure, it does involve risks and complications. A small number of woman will require earlier revision surgery for a range of reasons. This surgery is generally more complicated than the initial insertion surgery and needs to be done by an expert plastic surgeon.
Reasons for requiring breast implant revision include:
- Dissatisfaction with implant size
- Implant-related complications such as:
- Capsular Contracture: Hardening due to the scar around the implant thickening and changing the shape of the breast (may be painful)
- Implant leakage, deflation or rupture
- Complications with contracture or infection
- Implant has shifted: Leads to symmastia (no cleavage), bottoming out or double bubble deformity
Revisional surgery aims to reduce physical discomfort and improve the cosmetic appearance of the breasts. The previous implant are usually replaced with new ones that may be a different size, shape or texture.
Breast Revision Cost:
Plastic Surgery Cost Breakdown: These costs usually include a one time fee that includes everything from start to finish. Here is a rough breakdown of the fees:
- Initial consultation with the doctor and nurses (1 Hour)
- Pre-op appointment to review paperwork and gathering information regarding medication and follow up appointments. Photo are usually taken, implant selection. (1-2 Hours)
- Surgery Fee for your plastic surgeon
- Anesthesia for you surgery
- Operating room fee (equipment, staff and room fee)
- Garments (may or may not be included)
- All Follow up visits (Usually 3-6 visits, 15-30 min each)
- Post-op photos
- Bandages and equipment used during follow up visits.
- 24 hour on call Surgeon