Plastic Surgery Center of Fairfield in CT - Dr. Sofer
Meet Dr. Sofer
Dr. Alfred Sofer’s passion for artistic creativity, science and technology led him to the field of plastic surgery where he successfully demonstrates his surgical expertise and incorporates inventive insight and novel technologies to achieve expert, artistic and natural results for his patients.
Throughout the past decade, Dr. Sofer has witnessed his patients’ self esteem and self-confidence substantially improve because of their choice to undergo surgical and non-surgical rejuvenating procedures. Dr. Sofer strongly believes that one of most important factors in providing patients with desired results and a sense of emotional well-being is his diligent attention to patient concerns, goals and desires. Carefully listening to patients and evaluating each on a case-by-case basis combined with his practiced expert knowledge and experience enables him to achieve the best possible results for each of his patients.
Dr. Sofer graduated from Columbia University, New York, New York and received his Medical Degree from Albany Medial Center, Albany, New York. His post-doctoral training included a surgical internship and residency at the Westchester Medical Center, Westchester, New York where he was the Surgical Chief Resident.
Dr. Sofer continued his training as a Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery Resident at the Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston, South Carolina. After completing an extensive fellowship in Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Dr. Sofer was selected by the world-renowned surgeon Dr. Christine M. Kleinert to participate in a micro-vascular and hand surgery fellowship at the well-known Kleinert Institute where the first hand transplant in the United States was performed. Hand surgery is known to be one of the most delicate and complex surgical procedures.
Dr. Sofer’s ongoing and extensive training and artistic sensibilities have provided him with extraordinary knowledge and precise proficiency in surgical and non-surgical procedures. He is also double board certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and the American Board of Surgery.
- Double Boarded by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and the American Board of Surgery
- Graduated Columbia University with a degree of Bachelor in Science
- Received his medical degree from Albany Medical College
- Completed residency in General Surgery at Westchester Medical Center
- Chief resident in General Surgery at Westchester Medical Center
- Completed fellowship in Plastic Surgery at the Medical University of South Carolina
- Chief fellow in Plastic Surgery at the Medical University of South Carolina
- Completed hand and micro-vascular fellowship at the world-renowned Christine M Kleinert Institute where the first Hand Transplantation was performed
- Member of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons
- Member of the American College of Surgeons
- Member of the American Medical Association
- Member of Connecticut Medical Society
- Member of Fairfield Medical Society
- St. Vincent’s Medical Center, Bridgeport, CT
- Norwalk Hospital, Norwalk, CT
- Stamford Hospital, Stamford, CT
- Surgical Center of Connecticut, Bridgeport, CT - Dr. Sofer is part owner and on the board of directors at the Surgical Center of Connecticut
- Castle Connolly Top Doctor in the Field of Plastic Surgery in Metro New York
- Fairfield Weekly Readers Poll “Best Cosmetic Surgeon”, 2010-2013
- Fairfield Weekly Readers Poll “Best Laser Hair Removal”, 2011
- Patient Choice Award, “Patient’s Favorite Doctor”, 2010
- Voted Top Surgeon by Consumer’s Research Council of America