A facelift, or rhytidectomy, is a Plastic Surgery Procedure performed by Dr. Sofer at the Plastic Surgery Center of Fairfield in Connecticut and New York. Facelift improves signs of aging in the face and neck, by addressing the sagging in the middle of your face and the jowls. It also smoothens the jaw line. It can also tighten the loose skin in the neck to improve the double chin look.
The loss of youthful contours in the face can be due to a variety of factors, including heredity, gravity, environmental conditions, and stress.
Why should you have your facelift with Dr. Sofer at the Plastic Surgery Center of Fairfield
- Dr. Sofer is an award winning Plastic Surgeon who has been in practice for over 15 Years.
- He has been recognized as the best Plastic Surgeon in Fairfield County for 4 years in a row and was recently recognized by prestigious Castle Connelly as top Doctor in NY Metro
- He is certified by the American board of Plastic Surgery.
- Every patient's face is unique. In Dr. Sofer's view, not all facelifts address all patients,.Your face and neck procedure is tailored to your face.
- Patient satisfaction and safety is our top concern.
Facelift - Dr. Sofer's Approach
Consultation: There are multiple surgical techniques for facelift. These include SMAS plication, SMAS excision, Deep SMAS technique, Periosteal lift, etc. In Dr. Sofer's view there is no one technique that suits all patients. But for all patients the SMAS layer which is the fascia underneath the skin, needs to be addressed. In younger patients with minimal sagginess, plication may suffice while for patients with poor collagen and elasticity, a more involved procedure such as deep SMAS may be necessary.
The other issue that is addressed during the consultation is fat transfer especially in the midface within the malar area and the tear trough region. The new trend in plastic Surgery is fat restoration rather then fat removal. This too needs to be addressed at the time of consultation.
Duration of facelift surgery: 2.5 - 4 hours depending on the amount of work needed to be done
Anesthesia: General by a board certified anesthesiologist in an accredited surgical facility or hospital
Recovery of facelift surgery:
- 1-2 hours in the Recovery room
- 3 days of management of surgical discomfort with pain meds and muscle relaxant
- 10-14 days: resume your activities of daily living
- 4-6 weeks: Full exercise
Cost of facelift: $8000-$10000 depending on the amount of time needed in the OR and anesthesia.
We also offer financing through Carecredit so don't forget to ask.