By Alfred Sofer
Chemical peels using alpha hydroxy acids (usually glycolic acid) are intended to improve the appearance of the skin by causing a mild exfoliation of the uppermost layer of the skin. Peels soften and brighten the appearance of treated skin and blend skin tones, texture, pore size and improve the general health of the skin. Typically they are performed in a series of treatments.
- Reduces fine lines under eyes and around the mouth.
- Reduces wrinkles caused by sun damage, aging and hereditary factors.
- Improves the appearance of mild scarring.
- Effective in reducing appearance of some types of acne.
- Reduces age spots, freckles and dark patches.
- Improves the look and feel of skin that is dull in texture and color.
- Reduces pore size and gives skin a healthy, more youthful glow.
Types of Peels:
- Microdermabrasion: Improves skin tone, color, and elasticity, while refining skin pores and reducing acne breakouts, with the most effective means of exfoliation. Aluminum oxide crystals are vacuumed over the surface of the skin for a thorough yet gentle resurfacing of the epidermis, to rejuvenate and maintain the health and radiance of fresh young skin. Organic Crystals can be used alone or in conjunction with Aluminum Oxide Crystals for amazing results. Other treatments such as glycolic or lactic acid peels and IPL Photofacials may be used in conjunction with micro-dermabrasion for optimal results. Please click on Photofacials and Microdermabrasions for more information.
- The Micro Peel: A unique 3-step process that separates this peel from the rest. A 30-minute exfoliating procedure utilizing glycolic or lactic acid with no recovery time. A total revitalization of the skin. Immediate results are visible and skin is smoother to the touch.
- The Micro Peel Plus: A 30-minute exfoliating procedure utilizing salicylic acid with limited recovery time. Beneficial for acne, acne-prone skin types, or for those who prefer a deeper peel. Resultsarebrighter, softer and a more refined skin tone after this procedure.