By Alfred Sofer
PhotoFacial, IPL treatment using ELOS, AURORA technology is performed with a non-invasive medical system that utilizes intense pulsed light (IPL) therapy and radiofrequency (RF) energy to reduce freckling, age spots, sun damage, hyper-pigmentation and rosacea with no downtime. PhotoFacial is a great, therapeutic treatment to improve the health of the skin and bring back its youthful glow. This treatment is used to improve the cosmetic appearance of the face, neck, hands and body, by reducing excessive red and brown tones in the skin. The browns in the skin can be caused by excessive pigmentation from sun damage, age spots, and pigmented lesions. The reds can be caused by vascular lesions, broken capillaries, rosacea or pink complexion. These types of skin changes can cause the skin to appear aged and dull.Elos has been proven to deliver superior results, and marks a major leap forward in the technology of medical aesthetic devices.
Benefits of Elos Photofacial:
- Reduction in browning of the skin related to sun damage, age spots, pigmented acne scars, hyper-pigmentation and freckling of the skin.
- Reduction in red tones in the skin that contribute to rosacea, broken capillaries and pinkness of the skin (ruby complexion).
- Stimulation of natural collagen production. (ie: as visible light energy is absorbed by the pigment in the skin’s surface, the RF energy stimulates the production of collagen.
- Decreased pore size.
- Improvement in tone and texture of the skin.
- Reduction in acne breakouts that can leave skin with superficial red and brown acne scarring.
- Improvement in the over all health and beauty of the skin.
Each person’s skin is unique, and therefore needs to be assessed to determine the right regimen to achieve personal goals. Results vary depending on the amount of damage and condition of the skin.
- Treatment routine is typically one treatment per month for 4-6 treatments. Microdermabrasion prior to your laser treatment can be used to maximize results. For chronic sun-damage and photo-aging skin, pre-treatment with Obagi may be prescribed. For moderate to severe sun-damage and photo-aging please see Laser Skin Resurfacing Total FX.
- Maintenance or generally improving the glow of your skin can be accomplished with Microdermabrasion followed by Photofacial IPL. This combination is a great way to keep your skin glowing and radiant without chemical peels. Acne breakouts can leave the skin looking blotchy and marked with red and brown superficial scars. One treatment every 2-4 months is an effective way to maintain even tone, texture, with smaller pore size and fewer acne breakouts, while keep your skin looking young and healthy.