Liposuction is a plastic surgery procedure that is very commonly performed by Dr. Sofer. With liposuction, Dr. Sofer can remove stubborn fat deposits that do not respond to diet and exercise through tiny incisions. In doing so, the contours of the body can be changed to create a slimmer and more attractive figure. The best candidates for liposuction are healthy and relatively fit, have firm, elastic skin and have good muscle tone.
The best liposuction to have is one that has the following:
- An easily controlled device for the surgeon to guide
- Quickly breaks up of fat with minimal damage to surrounding tissue
- Versatility for accuracy and quality
- Reduced surgical time with amazing results
Dr. Sofer is able to give his liposuction patients the best results with power assisted liposuction in his Fairfield, CT office.
Liposuction is not a treatment for obesity or a substitute for proper diet and exercise. It is also not an effective treatment for cellulite, the dimpled skin that typically appears on the thighs, hips and buttocks, or loose saggy skin.
The Power Assisted Liposuction (PAL)
There are many liposuction techniques. These include Slimlipo, Vaserlipo, ultrasound assisted lipo, waterjet lipo and more. Dr. Sofer has experience with all these techniques and he strongly believes that the advantages of any of the above techniques is debatable. Dr. Sofer prefers the Power Assisted Liposuction (PAL). PAL is performed using the classic tumescent liposuction technique where an anesthetic liquid is injected into the treatment area for smoother fat suction. The advantage of PAL is the use of a unique cannula. Its tiny and rapid vibrations break up the fat cells so they can be quickly suctioned out. With the power assisted liposuction technique, Dr. Sofer can remove more fat in a much shorter time, which can lead to better results, a gentler procedure and faster recovery.
Power assisted liposuction benefits
Due to the versatility of the power assisted liposuction and the gentleness it provides to the patient, Dr. Sofer does not need to use as much force during the procedure. Department of Dermatology at Tulane University Health Sciences Center researchers found that 30 percent more fat was removed with power assisted liposuction than with manual liposuction. The study also found greatly reduced bruising, recovery time and complications.
Liposuction - Dr. Sofer's Approach
Your area of concern is evaluated and surgery is discussed.
Duration of surgery for liposuction
Surgery is 1-3 hours depending on the degree of the liposuction. Due to safety concerns, Dr. Sofer does not aspirate more than 3 liters of fat in one sitting.
Anesthesia is general by a board certified anesthesiologist in an accredited surgical facility or hospital.
Recovery After Liposuction
- 1-2 hours in the recovery room
- 3 days managing surgical discomfort with pain medications and muscle relaxants
- 10-14 days to resume your daily living activities
- 4-6 weeks to resume full exercise
- Post-operative massaging can smooth out the underlying tissue, redistribute the fat and avoid fat necrosis
- Binder is needed for 4-6 weeks
Cost of Liposuction
Costs range from $5000-$7000 depending on the amount of time needed in the OR and anesthesia. We also offer financing through CareCredit... Learn More
You will also earn rewards for future rewards... Learn More
Meet Dr. Sofer
Voted Top Surgeon in the CT metro area, Dr. Sofer has15 years of experience and an unparalleled care for patients.
WHY SHOULD YOU HAVE LIPOSUCTION SURGERY WITH DR. SOFER?
- Dr. Sofer is an award winning Plastic Surgeon who has been in the plastic surgery practice for over 15 Years.
- Dr. Sofer has been recognized as the Best Plastic Surgeon in Fairfield County for 4 years in a row and is also recognized by prestigious Castle Connelly as Top Doctor in NY Metro area and Connecticut.
- Dr. Sofer is certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.
- Dr. Sofer has established a reputation of caring with devotion and unsurpassed surgical skill.
- Patient satisfaction and safety is Dr. Sofer's top concern.