Liposuction, is a plastic surgery procedure very commonly performed by Dr. Sofer. With liposuction Dr. Sofer, connecticut plastic surgeon, can remove stubborn fat deposits that do not respond to diet and exercise, through tiny incisions. In doing so, the contours of the body can be changed to create a slimmer and more attractive figure. The best candidates for liposuction are healthy and relatively fit, have firm, elastic skin, and have good muscle tone.
Liposuction is not a treatment for obesity or a substitute for proper diet and exercise. It is also not an effective treatment for cellulite – the dimpled skin that typically appears on the thighs, hips, and buttocks – or loose saggy skin.
The Power Assisted Liposuction (PAL)
There are many liposuction techniques. These include Slimlipo, Vaserlipo, ultrasound assisted lipo, waterjet lipo, etc. Dr. Sofer has experience with all these techniques and he strongly believes that the advantage of any of the above techniques is debatable. Dr. Sofer prefers the Power Assisted Liposuction (PAL). PAL is performed using the classic tumescent liposuction technique, in which an anesthetic liquid is injected into the treatment area for smoother fat suction. The advantage of PAL is the use of a unique cannula in which its tiny and rapid vibrations breaks up the fat cells so that they can be quickly suctioned out. With the power Assisted liposuction technique Dr. Sofer can remove more fat in a much shorter time, which can lead to better results, a gentler procedure and faster recovery.
Why Should you have Liposuction Surgery with Dr. Sofer?
- Dr. Sofer is an award winning Plastic Surgeon who has been in Plastic Surgery practice for over 15 Years.
- Dr. Sofer has been recognized as the best Plastic Surgeon in Fairfield County for 4 years in a row and is also recognized by prestigious Castle Connelly as top Doctor in NY Metro area and Connecticut.
- Dr. Sofer is certified by the American board of Plastic Surgery.
- Dr. Sofer has established a reputation of caring with devotion and unsurpassed surgical skill
- Patient satisfaction and safety is Dr. Sofer's top concern
Liposuction - Dr. Sofer's Approach
Plastic Surgery Center of Fairfield, Connecticut
Consultation: Your area of concern is evaluated and surgery is discussed
Duration of surgery for liposuction: 1 - 3 hours depending on the degree of the liposuction. Due to safety concerns Dr. Sofer does not aspirate more than 3 liters of fat in one setting.
Anesthesia: General by a board certified anesthesiologist in an accredited surgical facility or hospital
Recovery after liposuction:
- 1-2 hours in the Recovery room
- 3 days of management of surgical discomfort with pain meds and muscle relaxant
- 10-14 days: resume your activities of daily living
- 4-6 weeks: Full exercise
- Post- operative massaging to smooth out the underlying tissue and redistribute the fat. Also to avoid fat necrosis
- Also need for binder for 4-6 weeks
Cost of liposuction: $5000-$7000 depending on the amount of time needed in the OR and anesthesia.