One of Dr. Sofer's most common plastic surgery procedures is liposuction. If diet and exercise are not enough, Dr. Sofer can use liposuction's tiny incisions to remove those stubborn fat deposits. In doing so, the contours of the body can be changed to create a slimmer and more attractive figure. The best candidates for liposuction are healthy and relatively fit, have firm, elastic skin and have good muscle tone.
The best liposuction to have is one that has the following:
- An easily controlled device for the surgeon to guide
- Quickly breaks up of fat with minimal damage to surrounding tissue
- Versatility for accuracy and quality
- Reduced surgical time with amazing results
Dr. Sofer is able to give his liposuction patients the best results with power assisted liposuction in his Fairfield, CT office.
Liposuction is not a treatment for obesity or a substitute for proper diet and exercise. It is also not an effective treatment for cellulite, the dimpled skin that typically appears on the thighs, hips and buttocks, or loose saggy skin.
The Power Assisted Liposuction (PAL)
Vaserlipo, Slimlipo, waterjet lipo and ultrasound assisted lipo are only some of the many liposuction options. Despite the many options, Dr. Sofer chooses to use Power Assisted Liposuction (PAL). From his many years of experience, Dr. Sofer has found that the advantages of other liposuction techniques are debatable. PAL differs from other options through the inclusion of a unique cannula. This liposuction incorporates quick, small vibrations to break up fat cells and allow for easy suction. PAL accomplishes this with the classic tumescent liposuction technique. The technique results in smooth fat suction due to the use of an anesthetic liquid injection. Overall, PAL is capable of removing more fat in less time while still being a gentle procedure that results in quick recovery. The many benefits of PAL allow Dr. Sofer to give his patients the best results.
Power assisted liposuction benefits
Due to the versatility of the power assisted liposuction and the gentleness it provides to the patient, Dr. Sofer does not need to use as much force during the procedure. Department of Dermatology at Tulane University Health Sciences Center researchers found that 30 percent more fat was removed with power assisted liposuction than with manual liposuction. The study also found greatly reduced bruising, recovery time and complications.
Liposuction - Dr. Sofer's Approach
Your area of concern is evaluated and surgery is discussed.
Duration of LIPOsuction surgery
Liposuction surgery ranges from 1-3 hours, which is determined by the degree of the procedure. Dr. Sofer has safety as a primary concern and therefore does not recommend aspirating over 3 liters of fat in one sitting.
Liposuction uses general anesthesia, which is provided in an accredited hospital or surgical facility by an anesthesiologist who is board certified .
- 1-2 hours - recovery room time
- Massaging post-operation can smooth underlying tissue as well as redistribute fat to prevent fat necrosis
- 4-6 weeks - binder will be needed
- 3 days - surgical discomfort will need to be managed with muscle relaxants and pain medications
- 10-14 days - resume your daily living activities
- 4-6 weeks - resume full exercise
WHY SHOULD YOU HAVE LIPOSUCTION SURGERY WITH DR. SOFER?
- Dr. Sofer has been working in plastic surgery for over 15 Years.
- Dr. Sofer's top concern is patient satisfaction and safety.
- Dr. Sofer has a reputation of that emphasizes devoted patient care with unsurpassed surgical skill.
- Dr. Sofer is American Board of Plastic Surgery certified.
- Dr. Sofer is an award winning Plastic Surgeon who has been recognized 4 years in a row as the Best Plastic Surgeon in Fairfield County.
- Dr. Sofer has been awarded by the prestigious Castle Connelly as Top Doctor in NY Metro area and Connecticut.
Need More Information? Contact Us Below!
Meet Dr. Sofer
Voted Top Surgeon in the CT metro area, Dr. Sofer has15 years of experience and an unparalleled care for patients.
COST OF LIPOSUCTION
Plastic Surgery Cost Breakdown: These costs usually include a one time fee that includes everything from start to finish. Here is a rough breakdown of the fees:
- Initial consultation with the doctor and nurses (1 Hour)
- Pre-op appointment to review paperwork and gathering information regarding medication and follow up appointments. Photo are usually taken, implant selection. (1-2 Hours)
- Surgery Fee for your plastic surgeon
- Anesthesia for you surgery
- Operating room fee (equipment, staff and room fee)
- Garments (may or may not be included)
- All Follow up visits (Usually 3-6 visits, 15-30 min each)
- Post-op photos
- Bandages and equipment used during follow up visits.
- 24 hour on call Surgeon
There are some factors that can cause these fees to different from doctor to doctor and place to place.
- Geography: Where you live (Cost of living)
- Surgical Time: For the most part this is an individual factor. Especially in larger surgeries, such as, tummy tuck and mommy makeovers.
- Skill: The skill of your doctor.
- Implants: Depending on what implant you choose
We offer CareCredit financing. Call us or click here to Learn More about our financing options.
There is a chance to earn future rewards... Learn More