It is quite common that after pregnancy and childbearing the breasts and abdomen loose their shape. The breasts loose their fullness and the abdominal skin become stretched, often with separation of the abdominal muscles. Mommy Makeover is a term used for a plastic surgery procedure that addresses both the breast and abdomen and maybe other parts of the body at the same time.
Advantage of Mommy Makeover
- Recover one time for both procedures
- Reduce cost by reducing the OR and Anesthesia time.
Why you should have Mommy Makeover with Dr. Sofer at the Plastic Surgery Center of Fairfield.
- Dr. Sofer is an award winning Plastic Surgeon who has been in practice for over 15 Years.
- He has been recognized as the best Plastic Surgeon in Fairfield County for 4 years in a row and is also recognized by prestigious Castle Connelly as top Doctor in NY Metro
- He is certified by the American board of Plastic Surgery.
- Dr. Sofer has established a reputation of caring with devotion and unsurpassed surgical skill
- Patient satisfaction and safety is our top concern.
Mommy Makeover - Dr. Sofer's Approach at the Plastic Surgery Center of Fairfield
Consultation: Your body is fully evaluated and plan of surgery is tailored to your body. Its usually best to wait at least 9 months to one year after pregnancy to proceed with Mommy makeover.
Duration of Surgery for a Mommy Makeover: 4-5.5 hours depending on the procedure planned.
Anesthesia: General by a board certified anesthesiologist in an accredited surgical facility or hospital
Recovery after a Mommy Makeover:
- 3-4 hours in the Recovery room, Overnight stay in the hospital may be necessary.
- 3 days of management of surgical discomfort with pain meds and muscle relaxant
- 10-14 days: resume your activities of daily living
- 4-6 weeks: Full exercise
Cost of a Mommy Makeover: $10000-$14000 depending on the amount of time needed in the OR and anesthesia.