It is quite common that after pregnancy and childbearing the breasts and abdomen loose their shape. The breasts loose their fullness and the abdominal skin become stretched, often with separation of the abdominal muscles. Mommy Makeover is a term used for a plastic surgery procedure that addresses both the breast and abdomen and maybe other parts of the body at the same time.
Advantage of Mommy Makeover
- Recover one time for both procedures
- Reduce cost by reducing the OR and Anesthesia time.
Mommy Makeover - Dr. Sofer's Approach at the Plastic Surgery Center of Fairfield
Your body is fully evaluated and plan of surgery is tailored to your body. Its usually best to wait at least 9 months to one year after pregnancy to proceed with Mommy makeover.
Duration of Surgery for a Mommy Makeover
4-5.5 hours depending on the procedure planned.
General by a board certified anesthesiologist in an accredited surgical facility or hospital
Recovery after a Mommy Makeover
- 3-4 hours in the Recovery room, Overnight stay in the hospital may be necessary.
- 3 days of management of surgical discomfort with pain meds and muscle relaxant
- 10-14 days: resume your activities of daily living
- 4-6 weeks: Full exercise
Cost of a Mommy Makeover
$10000-$14000 depending on the amount of time needed in the OR and anesthesia.
We also offer financing through carecredit so dont forget to ask....learn More
You will also earn points for future rewards...learn more