A thigh lift is a plastic surgery procedure performed at by Dr. Sofer at the Plastic Surgery Center of Fairfield, CT. Thigh lifts address the excess sagging skin on the thigh by lifting the underlying supportive tissue and defining the shape of the thigh. Through a thigh lift, the thigh is re-defined and the skin is tightened.
For some of us, excess skin and fat gathers in certain areas and no matter how hard we exercise and diet we attempt, we cannot get a thinner thigh. The excessive skin and fat may rub together and cause irritation and embarrassing discomfort. A thigh lift is a great way to help alleviate this discomfort.
A thigh lift is also a procedure that Dr. Alfred Sofer preforms for patients after massive weight loss. Gastric bypass, lap band surgery or dieting for massive weight loss can leave areas of loose hanging fat and skin that can case discomfort both physically and emotionally. Pinching skin in clothes and irritation from friction can cause rashes and sores on the skin. Ointments and creams may not be enough to alleviate this, so body contouring may be your best option.
Causes for sagging skin of the thigh includes fluctuations in weight, age and heredity.
Thigh lift surgery may be right for you if your inner thighs are sagging or appear loose and full due to excess skin and fat.
things to know about thigh lift procedure
- You can reshape the thighs by reducing excess skin and fat, which results in smoother skin and better-proportioned contours of the thighs and lower body.
- Depending on the severity of thigh sagging, the procedure can be performed in the office or at a Same Day Surgery Center.
- A tight garment will be worn during the healing phase.
Thigh Lift - Dr. Sofer's Approach
Your type and degree of loose skin and fat will be evaluated. Liposuction versus direct surgical excision will be discussed.
Duration of thigh lift surgery
2-3 hours depending on the degree of the loose skin and fat
Anesthesia will be general by a board certified anesthesiologist in an accredited surgical facility or hospital.
Recovery after a thigh lift
- 1-2 hours in the recovery room
- 3 days managing surgical discomfort with pain medications and muscle relaxants
- 10-14 days to resume your daily living activities
- 4-6 weeks to resume full exercise
Cost of thigh lift plastic surgery
Costs range between $5000-$7000 depending on the amount of time needed in the OR and anesthesia.
We also offer financing through CareCredit... Learn More