Addominoplasty / Tummy Tuck Surgery
Tummy Tuck surgery, also known as abdominoplasty is a surgery that aims to create an abdominal profile that is smooth and firm by removing excess fat and skin and tightening weakened or separated muscle. It is ideal for patients who have tried exercise and diets with little to no results.
A loose, sagging abdomen can even happen with individuals who are of otherwise normal body weight and proportion. Tummy tucks may become of interest as a result of the following factors:
- Prior surgery
- Significant weight fluctuation
actual dr. sofer clients - before and after
Tummy Tuck - Dr. Sofer's approach
Surgery is planned and tailored to your specific body.
Duration of Tummy Tuck Surgery
2-4 hours depending on the amount of liposuction. Dr. Sofer's technique is different as the scar is placed extremely low - approximately 7cm from the vaginal crease within the bikini line. The belly botton scar is "inny". Muscles are tightened in the midline and aggressive liposuction improves the contour of the lower lateral aspect of the abdomen and the upper abdomen and flanks. A pain pump is inserted to control the pain for the first 48 hours and reduce the amount of narcotics taken.
General anesthesia is provided. A board certified anesthesiologist will utilize an accredited surgical facility or hospital setting for the anesthesia.
Recovery after Tummy Tuck
- Around 3 hours may be spent recovery room.
- Patients will be in a hunched-over position for approximately 2-3 days.
- Surgical discomfort can be controlled with pain medications and/or pain pump.
- It will take between 10-14 days to resume everyday activities.
- It will also take between 4-6 weeks to resume normal exercise.
Cost of Tummy Tuck
Plastic Surgery Cost Breakdown: These costs usually include a one time fee that includes everything from start to finish.
- 1 hour: Initial consultation with the doctor and nurses
- 1-2 hours: Pre-op appointment to review paperwork and gathering information regarding medication and follow up appointments (photos are usually taken)
- Surgery fee (for your plastic surgeon)
- Anesthesia (for your surgery)
- Operating room fee (includes staff, equipment and room fee)
- Garments (may or may not be included)
- All follow-up visits (usually 3-6 visits that last 15-30 minutes each)
- Post-op photos
- Bandages and equipment (used during follow-up visits)
- 24-hour on-call surgeon
Price variations can occur between doctor to doctor and from place to place depending on the following factors:
- Geography: This includes where you live as well as cost of living.
- Surgical Time: This is typically an individual factor that mostly affects price when it comes to larger surgeries like tummy tuck and mommy makeovers.
- Skill: This refers to your doctor's skill.
- Implants: Depending on what implant you choose, cost will adjust accordingly.
We offer financing through CareCredit... Learn More
Points for future rewards can be awarded... Learn More