Are you tired of trying squats and lunges that never deliver the volumizing results you want? Are you interested in plastic surgery — but not thrilled with the idea of implants?
As a top-ranked plastic surgeon with 15 years of experience, Alfred Sofer, MD can help you achieve your goals of firmer, rounder buttocks — without relying on implants. A Brazilian butt lift can enhance your curves, but is it right for you?
If you’re considering this procedure, here’s what you need to know.
- 1 7 signs you’re a good candidate for a Brazilian butt lift
- 1.1 1. Have lost a significant amount of weight but aren’t happy with your body proportions
- 1.2 2. Want to improve the shape and firmness of your bottom… without implants
- 1.3 3. Are in good overall health
- 1.4 4. Have realistic expectations
- 1.5 5. Are committed to the process
- 1.6 6. Don’t smoke or drink excessively
- 1.7 7. Haven’t had success with other options
7 signs you’re a good candidate for a Brazilian butt lift
You might be a good candidate for a Brazilian butt lift if you:
1. Have lost a significant amount of weight but aren’t happy with your body proportions
If you’ve recently lost a significant amount of weight, you might notice fat loss in all areas of your body, including your buttocks. If you’re at your goal weight but aren’t happy with the droopiness or shape of your backside, a Brazilian butt lift can help restore and balance your body proportions.
A Brazilian butt lift doesn’t just enhance the volume of your butt. As the name suggests, it lifts your buttocks, but it doesn’t require implants to do so. A Brazilian butt lift augments your buttocks with fat grafts. Because your own fat cells are used, there’s no need to worry about implants or foreign materials being injected into your body.
3. Are in good overall health
Before you undergo any surgery, including plastic surgery, you’ll need to be cleared for surgery. Getting cleared means that you’re in good overall health, which means your body will tolerate surgery more easily. When you’re healthy, recovery is easier too.
4. Have realistic expectations
Before committing to a butt augmentation, it’s important to realize what this procedure can — and can’t — do.
A butt lift can:
- Create firmer, rounder buttocks
- Create a more voluminous backside
- Provide some fat reduction (from any area where the fat was harvested)
- Create more attractive curves
A butt lift can’t:
- Enhance your buttocks if you don’t have enough body fat to harvest for the fat graft
- Change the texture of your skin
- Remove loose skin
Familiarizing yourself with the process can help you adjust your expectations.
5. Are committed to the process
Due to the location of the fat injections, butt lifts require a very specific recovery timeline. For example, you’ll be asked to refrain from sitting or lying on your back for two weeks, and then you’ll use a modified sitting position until about eight weeks post-op.
If you can’t commit to the recovery timelines, a butt lift might not be right for you.
6. Don’t smoke or drink excessively
Smoking and drinking excessively can negatively impact the success of your plastic surgery. In general, smoking delays healing. Not only does smoking affect the health of your fat transfer, but research shows smoking increases your risk of post-op infections and pneumonia.
7. Haven’t had success with other options
Finally, if you’ve tried conservative methods to shape your buttocks — including squats — but aren’t getting the results you want, it may be time to consider plastic surgery.
To give your backside (and your confidence!) a boost, call our Fairfield, Connecticut or Miami, Florida office to request a consultation. You can also schedule an appointment online.