Brazilian butt lift surgery at our Fairfield practice is quickly becoming a highly popular cosmetic procedure. The process involves liposuction to remove unwanted fat from areas like the abdomen or thighs. Then, the extracted fat is processed and transferred to your buttocks to add volume and lift. Before your procedure, it is important to understand the recovery process, so you are fully prepared.
Make sure to plan your procedure during a time when you can take some time off work. It is important for you to focus on rest, especially during the first few days following the operation. While your experience may vary, the following describes what the average patient should expect for recovery:
- You must remain in the recovery room at the surgical facility for 1 to 2 hours after your procedure. This gives us time to monitor you as the anesthetic wears off.
- During the first few days, you can manage any discomfort using prescribed pain medication and muscle relaxants.
- Your buttocks will feel slightly firm in the days following your procedure, but the firmness will soften over time. It is important to begin walking within the first couple days to promote good blood circulation.
- You must refrain from sitting or putting direct pressure on your buttocks for at least 5 to 7 days. This means that if you sleep on your back, you will need to adjust your sleep position during the initial recovery period.
- After about 10 to 14 days, you will be able to return to your daily activities.
- You will be able to resume full exercise after about 4 to 6 weeks. Ease back into more intense workouts and listen to your body. Overexerting yourself could cause adverse effects.
Make sure to purchase these items before the day of your surgery:
- Female urinal: You will not be able to sit on the toilet in the beginning stages of recovery.
- Bleach spray and wipes: Until you are cleared to shower normally, you can use wipes to keep yourself clean.
- Anti-bacterial soap: Keep your incisions sites clean to minimize the risk of infection.
- Alcohol pads: Stock up on these to sterilize your skin before taking your Heparin shots to prevent blood clots.
- Q-Tips: These will help you safely clean around your incision sites.
It is important to wear comfortable, loose-fitting clothes on the day of your surgery and throughout your recovery:
- Wear camisoles or tank tops under your compression garments to avoid irritation.
- Maxi dresses are great because they are easy to slip on and off.
- Make sure you have slip-on shoes, so you don’t have to bend over to tie laces or fasten buckles.
- Be diligent about wearing compression stockings to help prevent pulmonary embolism.
To get a better idea of your potential with a Brazilian butt lift, visit our gallery of real patient photos. If you are ready to take the next steps, request a consultation online or give us a call at (203) 336-9862.