Of all the treatments I offer, liposuction is perhaps the most noteworthy for its versatility. While most people think of liposuction for removing fat from obvious areas, such as unwanted belly fat, you might be surprised to learn that liposuction in my Connecticut practice can improve quite a few other areas, too.
- The inner and outer thighs: Circumferential contouring of the thighs is easily achieved with the aid of liposuction. The inner thighs are typically more prone to fat accumulation, but unwanted deposits on the outer thighs can add a lot of bulk — and make it challenging to find jeans that fit. Liposuction can sculpt the thighs and bring them into better proportion with the rest of the body.
In the case pictured here, you can clearly see the dramatic slimming in the shape of this patient’s outer thighs.
- The arms: Flabby upper arms are a common annoyance. When there is excess hanging skin present, arm lift surgery can help. But for unwanted fat alone, liposuction is a less invasive alternative that’s typically a good idea when the skin on the arms is elastic enough to recede around the new shape after the surgeon removes the fat.
- The male chest: In men, fat deposits on the chest can be distressing and make men feel too self-conscious to take off their shirts at the beach. Liposuction can smooth away this fat, revealing a flatter and more masculine chest, with scars that are barely noticeable.
- The chin: A double chin — or simply a lack of definition in the chin or jawline — can sneak up on all of us, even the most athletic, thanks to our genes. Using a very small cannula, I can add definition to the chin and remove the fat with a very small incision.
- The back: Back fat associated with bra bulges and other “rolls” can be nipped away with selective liposuction, for a smooth contour no matter what you wear.
- The flanks and abdomen: Liposuction on the flanks and abdomen may not be surprising, but you may be surprised to learn that it often goes hand in hand with a tummy tuck (abdominoplasty). When used in this manner, complementary liposuction blends the reshaped abdomen with the rest of the torso, bringing the entire area into balance.
Many of the treatment areas I’ve just listed are possible because of the advent of power-assisted liposuction. By gently vibrating the cannula, power-assisted liposuction can more precisely dislodge and remove unwanted fat in smaller areas, giving the surgeon more control. This leads to impressive results with less internal bruising and a quicker recovery.