Dermapen Treatment Regimen
Prior to Treatment
- Avoid Accutane during the last 3-6 months.
- AvoidDepilatorycreams,Retin-A(VitaminA),Alphahydroxyacid,BetaHydroxyacid, Glycolic acid, and Vitamin C at least 12 hours before the treatment.
- Avoid Autoimmune Therapies 12 hours prior to treatment.
- Avoid laser treatments, tanning beds, and sun exposure for at least 24 Hours. I have used SPF 30 or greater on the treatment area. (Dermapen will not be administered on sunburned skin)
- On the day of the treatment, please keep your face clean and do not apply makeup.
- If an active or extreme breakout occurs before treatment, please consult your practitioner.
What can be Expected in the hours, days, and weeks following your Dermapen:
- Topical Anesthetic will be applied for patient comfort.
- Immediately after your Dermapen treatment, you will look as though you have a moderate to severe sunburn and your skin may feel warm and tighter than usual. This is normal and will subside after 1 to 2 hours and will normally recover within the same day or within 24 hours. You may see slight redness after 24 hours, but only in minimal areas or spots.
- Your practioner will prescribe post-procedure skincare after the procedure to help soothe, calm and protect the skin. Continue to use for 3 days. Active skincare can be resumed again after Day 3.
After the Treatment here are some things that you can do to help the process of skin rejuvenation be most effective:
- CLEAN – Use a soothing cleanser or face wash with tepid water to cleanse the face for the following 48 hours and gently dry the treated skin. Always make sure that your hands are clean when touching the treated area.
- HEAL – Professional skincare is recommended post-treatment as the pharmaceutical grade properties are ideal to help heal the skin, but will also create a sterile skin, too. Resveratrol-based products can help soothe the skin and lessen irritation.
- HYDRATE – Following your Dermapen treatment, your skin may feel drier than normal. HyaluronicAcid is an ideal ingredient to hydrate and restore the skin back to perfect balance.
- STIMULATE – In the days following your Dermapen treatment, and as the skin starts to regenerate, collagen stimulating peptides are ideal to continue the stimulation.
- MAKEUP – It is recommended that makeup should not be applied for 12 hours after the procedure. However, your practitioner may be able to supply you with specialized mineral makeup product that theyfeel would be suitable for use during this period. Do not apply any makeup with a makeup brush, especially if it is not clean.
- PROTECT – Immediately after the procedure, apply a broad spectrum UVA/UVB sunscreen with aSPF 30. A chemical-free sunscreen is highly recommended.
- For at least 2 hours post treatment, do NOT use any Alpha Hydroxy Acids, Beta Hydroxy Acid, Retinol(Vitamin A), Vitamin C (in a low pH formula) or anything perceived as ‘active’ skincare.
- Avoid intentional and direct sunlight for 24 hours. No tanning beds.
- Do not go swimming for at least 24 hours post-treatment.
- No exercising or strenuous activity for the first 24 hours post-treatment. Sweating and gym environmentsare harmful, and may cause adverse reactions.
Your technician will advise you when to follow up for the most accurate results which are usually 4-6 weeks. Please remember 2-4 minimum treatments are recommended, but more treatments are usually necessary to achieve maximal rejuvenation. There is no guarantee for results.
Remember to ask us with any questions or concerns that you may have. If something does not feel right after treatment, then please do not hesitate to call.