"My goal is to help you achieve yours."
Award-winning surgeon Dr. Alfred Sofer is known for his remarkable technical skill, creative artistry, and dedication to honesty, respect, and kindness in patient care. Dr. Sofer is one of the most in-demand plastic surgeons in Fairfield, CT and has more than 15 years of plastic surgery experience. His extensive education and training have provided him with an extraordinary knowledge of both plastic and reconstructive surgery procedures. Paired with his artistic sensibilities, this leads to precise proficiency and exquisite results — for both surgical and nonsurgical treatments.
Dr. Sofer is driven by his unwavering dedication to quality. His goal is to provide you with the best possible experience, beginning with your very first visit. To learn more about what sets him apart, request your consultation online or call (203) 336-9862 to schedule your appointment.
Meet Dr. Sofer
Dr. Sofer is a board-certified plastic surgeon serving various communities around Fairfield, including Darien, Westport, Norwalk, and Stamford, CT. His passion for artistic creativity, science and technology led him to the field of plastic surgery. A perfectionist and problem solver, he craves challenge and takes great pride in developing innovative, nuanced surgical techniques. Dr. Sofer combines his surgical expertise, inventive insight, and novel technologies to achieve expert, artistic and natural-looking results for his patients.
Dr. Sofer founded the Plastic Surgery Center of Fairfield based on three simple pledges:
- Treat patients with kindness, respect, honesty and unparalleled professionalism.
- Implement innovative technologies and creative insights that achieve artistic, natural-looking results, while keeping safety the top priority.
- Be available for clients 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year — always.
Education & Training
Dr. Sofer is a graduate of Columbia University and received his medical degree from Albany Medical Center in New York. His post-doctoral training included a surgical internship and residency at the Westchester Medical Center, where he was named surgical chief resident.
Dr. Sofer continued his training in plastic and reconstructive surgery with an extensive fellowship at the Medical University of South Carolina. He was then selected by the world-renowned surgeon Dr. Christine M. Kleinert to participate in a microvascular and hand surgery fellowship at the prestigious Kleinert Institute. Hand surgery is one of the most delicate and complex surgical procedures.
Dr. Sofer is certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and is the Chief of Plastic Surgery at St. Vincent’s Medical Center. He also serves on the board of directors at the Surgical Center of Connecticut.
- Member of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons
- Member of the American College of Surgeons
- Member of the American Medical Association
- Member of Connecticut Medical Society
- Member of Fairfield Medical Society
- St. Vincent’s Medical Center, Bridgeport, CT — Chief of Plastic Surgery
- Norwalk Hospital, Norwalk, CT
- Stamford Hospital, Stamford, CT
- Surgical Center of Connecticut, Bridgeport, CT — Board of Directors
- Gramercy Surgery Center, New York, NY
- Fairfield County Top Doctor in Plastic Surgery, 2016
- Patient Choice Award, “Patient’s Favorite Doctor”, 2010-2015
- Castle Connolly Top Doctor in plastic surgery in Fairfield County (voted by peers)
- Vitals Patients’ Choice Award, 2015
- Castle Connolly Top Doctor in plastic surgery in metro New York (voted by peers)
- Fairfield Weekly Readers Poll “Best Cosmetic Surgeon,” 2010 – 2013
- Fairfield Weekly Readers Poll “Best Laser Hair Removal,” 2011
- Patients’ Choice Award, “Patients’ Favorite Doctor,” 2010
- Voted Top Surgeon by Consumer’s Research Council of America
As part of his commitment to providing exceptional surgical care, Dr. Sofer volunteers his time and skill to Operation Smile — an international charity organization that helps provide medical treatment to children and young adults with cleft lips, cleft palates, and other facial deformities.
Dr. Sofer feels privileged to be a part of this international community of medical professionals, whose work allows underprivileged children and adults the chance to live without the health issues and social stigmas that are often associated with facial defects.
"My results are better than expected. Dr. Sofer is the best – hands down. I will be back… awesome experience!"
Putting Patients First
The most rewarding aspect of Dr. Sofer’s profession is watching his patients’ self-esteem substantially improve because they chose to undergo surgical or nonsurgical rejuvenation. Dr. Sofer strongly believes that one of most important factors in creating stunning results and enhanced confidence is his diligent attention to patients’ concerns, goals, and desires. His approach to achieving optimal results involves carefully listening to each individual, evaluating each patient on a case-by-case basis, and applying his expert knowledge and years of experience.
Dr. Sofer Describes Your First Visit
Your first visit to my Fairfield plastic surgery office is an important step in establishing our relationship. To help you reach your goals, I will carefully listen to your expectations and evaluate your medical history and physical condition. I will then explain the options that are available — both surgical and nonsurgical — and tailor a specific plan for you. We will then discuss the risks and the benefits of your plan and I will fully answer all of your questions. The consultation will take approximately 1 hour.
I will be totally honest with you. Occasionally, I may be so honest that I advise against a particular procedure, either because I have safety concerns or I determine that your expectations cannot be achieved through plastic surgery. Remember, if I advise against a procedure, that means I feel very strongly, as I am devoted to helping each person achieve his or her goals. For me to feel comfortable with your treatment, the benefits must outweigh the risks.
Plastic surgery can accomplish significant changes and improvements in your appearance. My goal is to also keep your look natural.
I believe that every person deserves a pleasant and successful experience. This is exemplified not only by me, but also my staff who will stop at nothing to make sure that my patients are taken care of. We invite you to visit our office and discover how our courteous and dedicated staff can make your experience a great one.