Microdermabrasion is a painless cosmetic procedure used to remove the top layers of the epidermis, exfoliating dead skin cells and renewing a healthy complexion.
- Rejuvenates sun damaged skin
- Reduces the appearance of age spots
- Softens the look of fine lines and wrinkles
- Quick, lunch-hour treatment with no downtime
- Treats acne and acne scars by unclogging, tightening and shrinking pores
Procedure Details and Care Instructions
The microdermabrasion procedure often takes about 20-30 minutes and requires no recovery time. The procedure can be completed as often as every 2 weeks, although each patient’s needs may vary. Patients must keep their newly sensitive skin in mind and wear sunscreen on a regular basis to prevent any further pigmentation.
Patients undergoing cancer treatments or have bleeding issues are not good candidates for microdermabrasion.