Mastopexy, often called a breast lift, is one of the top procedures at the Fairfield, Connecticut, practice of Dr. Alfred Sofer. Breasts can lose firmness and become droopy due to multiple factors, including gravity, pregnancy, breastfeeding, aging, weight fluctuations, and genetics. During a breast lift, Dr. Sofer creates a new breast contour by tightening the breast tissue and removing the excess skin. Raising, lifting, and firming the breasts are all benefits of breast lift surgery.
Dr. Sofer, a board-certified plastic surgeon, has worked with thousands of women to help them achieve a more rejuvenated breast contour with breast lift surgery at Alfred Sofer, MD. Request your consultation online or call the office to schedule your consultation.
- 1 Before and After Photos
- 2 Dr. Sofer’s Approach
- 3 Cost of Breast Lift Surgery
- 4 FAQs About Breast Lift Surgery
Before and After Photos
Dr. Sofer’s Approach
Dr. Sofer believes that customized surgical techniques are the key to satisfying cosmetic results. Breast volume, the skin envelope, and areola position are all addressed on a case-by-case basis.
Two additional factors that will be discussed during your consultation with Dr. Sofer are your desired breast volume and upper pole fullness. Dr. Sofer may suggest the addition of breast implants for those seeking larger breasts or more upper pole fullness. He may recommend a breast reduction for those who want smaller, elevated breasts. In some cases, minimal droopiness may be corrected with implants alone during a customized breast augmentation.
Dr. Sofer will also discuss your incision options with you during your consultation. Usually, incision placement is dependent on your surgical plan, and Dr. Sofer chooses from the following 3 types:
- Periareolar: Donut-shaped incisions are placed around the nipple. This option is best for those who need minimal lifting.
- Lollipop: Includes periareolar incisions as well as a vertical incision from areola to the breast fold. Women with a moderate degree of skin sag benefit best from this technique.
- Anchor: Vertical incisions from the areola to the breast fold, as well as in the breast crease. Anchor incisions are typically beneficial for women who require substantial lifting as well as fat and/or tissue removal.
In addition to lifting and reshaping the breast, Dr. Sofer also repositions and resizes the areola to a new, aesthetically pleasing position.
Cost of Breast Lift Surgery
Breast lift surgery is billed as a complete sum of the total costs from start to finish. Associated fees may include:
- A 1-hour consultation with the doctor and nurses
- A 1- to 2 hour preoperative appointment. In this appointment, paperwork is reviewed and information is gathered regarding medications and follow-up appointments. There may also be implant section photos.
- Operating fees for the surgeon, staff, operating room, equipment, and anesthesia
- The cost of implants as well as all follow-up visits. There are typically 3 to 6 visits, which are about 15 to 30 minutes each. In these follow-up visits, there will be charges for equipment and bandages.
- A fee for post-operative photos, and if garments are used, they may or may not be included in the total charge
- A 24-hour on-call surgeon who will factor into your total cost
Certain factors influence fees and pricing among plastic surgery practices, including:
- Geography (where you live/cost of living)
- Surgical time (this varies based on the complexity of your surgery)
- The skill of your doctor
- Implant choice (if applicable)
Making sure that your procedure is financially affordable is important to us. That’s why we are pleased to offer convenient financing with CareCredit®. You can also earn points for future rewards on your next treatment.
FAQs About Breast Lift Surgery
Who can benefit from a breast lift?
Women who are unhappy with the shape or position of their breasts are can usually benefit from breast lift. A loss of breast firmness and shape is often the result of multiple factors, such as:
- Weight change
How long will my results last?
A breast lift is designed to provide you with younger-looking breasts for several years. There is no specific time frame that can predict when your breasts may begin to sag. Several factors influence the longevity of your breast lift, including breast volume, skin elasticity, weight fluctuations, and surgical technique.
How do I know if I need a breast lift or breast augmentation?
breast lift surgery is unable to significantly increase breast size, or enhance volume in the upper part of the breast. If you are seeking fuller breasts, then adding breast implants during breast lift surgery can be ideal. Dr. Sofer will determine if a breast lift is right for you during your consultation.
Typically, patients who benefit from breast lift surgery are those who:
- Are physically healthy and maintain a consistent weight
- Do not smoke
- Have realistic expectations about the procedure
- Are bothered by a loss in breast volume or shape
- Have breasts that are droopy or have an unflattering shape
- Have nipples below their breast crease when they are unsupported
- Have nipples or areolas that point downwards
- Have breasts with enlarged areolas
- Have breasts at uneven heights
Will weight gain or pregnancy affect my breast lift?
Both weight fluctuations and pregnancy can affect your aesthetic outcome. Dr. Sofer recommends maintaining a healthy weight after your procedure, and holding off on surgery until you are finished having children.