An arm lift, or brachioplasty, addresses the extra skin that sags on the arm. It defines the upper arm’s shape by lifting supportive, underlying tissue. Through an arm lift, the patient’s arm is re-defined and skin tightens.
Several reasons can cause your upper arms to have a drooping or overall sagging appearance. These reasons include big fluctuations in weight, heredity characteristics and aging. While exercise can improve the quality of the muscle beneath the skin, it does not affect the appearance of the skin itself.
If the skin has lost the original elasticity, has weaker tissues or has localized fat deposits the underside of the upper arm may sag or appear loose. If this is the case, an arm lift may be a beneficial option for you. It can reduce the overabundance of skin or fat that lies between the underarm and the elbow. It can also reshape your arm so you have smoother skin as well as a more proportional and toned look.
View our photo gallery and see real results from our patients.
Arm Lift – Dr. Sofer’s Approach
Your type and degree of sagging arm will be evaluated. Liposuction versus direct surgical excision will be discussed.
Duration of surgery for Arm Lift
The duration of the arm lift depends on the degree of the loose skin, but typically last 2–3 hours.
A board certified anesthesiologist will provide general anesthesia in an accredited surgical facility or hospital.
Recovery after Arm Lift Surgery
- Recovery room time will be about 1–2 hours.
- It will take about 3 days to manage discomfort post-surgery. Pain meditations and muscle relaxants will be needed.
- Daily living activities can be resumed in 10–14 days.
- Full exercise can be resumed in 4–6 weeks.
Arm Lift Cost
- 1- hour initial consultation with the doctor and nurses and 1–2 hour pre-op appointment. Paperwork will be reviewed, pictures will be taken and information about medication and follow-up appointments will occur.
- 24-hour on-call surgeon
- Plastic surgeon surgery fee
- Surgery anesthesia
- Operating room fee (equipment, staff and room fee) and garments (may or may not be included)
- 3–6 15–30 minute follow-up visits
- Bandages and equipment for follow-up visits
- Post-op pictures
CareCredit financing is offered… Learn More