After Weight Loss
Weight loss has many benefits. In many cases it also relates to hypertension and diabetes. However, it may also lead to skin and tissues that lack the elasticity to conform to the reduced body size. This result can leave a person feeling uncomfortable with how they look and feel physically.
View our photo gallery and see real results from our patients.
Skin that was extremely stretched is abruptly unsupported after weight loss and results may include:
- The upper arms may appear loose and droopy.
- The breasts may appear to be flat with the nipples pointing down.
- The abdominal area may continue along the side of the body and into the lower back area, which leads to an apron-like flap.
- Areas like the buttocks, groin and thighs may sag to create hanging areas of skin.
Overall, the final stage of the massive weight loss is body contouring. This procedure will lead to a more normal appearance, smoother contours and a more proportioned body.
Body contouring procedures may include:
- Tummy Tuck: Addresses hanging skin and fat. Paniculectomy may be covered by insurance under certain circumstances and depends on your insurance policy. These circumstances include weight loss of over 100 lbs, Pannus below the groin line, recurrent rash, etc. Contact your insurance provider to determine what constitutes medical necessity. Learn More…
- Breast Lift: Addresses flat and saggy breasts. Learn More…
- Lower Body Lifts: Addresses sagging of the abdomen, buttocks, groin and outer thighs.
- Medial Thigh Lift: Addresses sagging of the inner, outer and mid thigh.
- Brachioplasty (arm lift) Learn More…
- Facelift Learn More…
A body lift is able to benefit the underlying tissues that support the fat and skin by improving their overall shape and tone. Because of poor tissue elasticity, it is very common to have excess sagging skin and fat. However, a body lift can eliminate that problem and lead to a firmer, more rejuvenated body contour. Another added benefit of a body lift is that it can treat a condition known as cellulite where the patient has a dimpled or irregular skin surface.
These areas may be included in a body lift:
- The abdominal area, which can be local or extend around the sides as well as the lower region of the back
- The buttocks area, which may be an uneven shape, lower or flatter than desired
- The groin area, which might be drooping near the inner thigh
- Multiple thigh areas such as the inner, outer, circumferential or even posterior thigh