One of the most popular procedures at our Fairfield, Connecticut practice is liposuction. Using the power-assisted liposuction technique, Dr. Sofer removes stubborn pockets of fat with less downtime than traditional manual liposuction requires. Men and women who lead healthy lifestyles and are already relatively fit can get the flatter tummies and contoured shapes that diet and exercise alone can’t produce.
Liposuction patients from Westport to Stamford choose the Plastic Surgery Center of Fairfield, CT. Request your consultation using the online form to discuss your concerns with Dr. Sofer, or call our office at (203) 336-9862 to schedule an appointment.
Good Candidates for Liposuction
Those who benefit the most from liposuction have isolated areas of fat deposits that remain despite regular exercise and watching what they eat. Liposuction is not weight loss surgery, however, and you should be within 10 to 15 pounds of a weight you are happy to maintain before scheduling a liposuction procedure.
While liposuction removes unwanted fat deposits very effectively, it is not an effective treatment for cellulite, the dimpled skin that typically appears on the thighs, hips and buttocks.
Dr. Sofer’s Approach
During the consultation, Dr. Sofer conducts a thorough physical exam and evaluates your desired treatment areas to make sure you will be a good candidate for surgery. Because Dr. Sofer maintains safety as his top priority, he generally limits liposuction procedures to the removal of 3 liters of fat during a single surgery. After the procedure, you will need to wear a special compression garment for 4 to 6 weeks to get the best possible results.
|Average surgery time: 1 to 3 hours||Immediate recovery: 1 to 2 hours in recovery room|
|Anesthesia: General, provided by board-certified anesthesiologist||Pain medication: 3 days|
|Facility: Accredited surgical facility or hospital||Resume daily activities: 10 to 14 days|
|Surgical technique: Power-assisted liposuction||Resume full exercise: 4 to 6 weeks|
The Power Assisted Liposuction (PAL)
Vaserlipo, Slimlipo, waterjet lipo and ultrasound assisted lipo are only some of the many liposuction options. Despite the many options, Dr. Sofer chooses to use Power Assisted Liposuction (PAL). From his many years of experience, Dr. Sofer has found that the advantages of other liposuction techniques are debatable. PAL differs from other options through the inclusion of a unique cannula. This liposuction incorporates quick, small vibrations to break up fat cells and allow for easy suction. PAL accomplishes this with the classic tumescent liposuction technique. The technique results in smooth fat suction due to the use of an anesthetic liquid injection. Overall, PAL is capable of removing more fat in less time while still being a gentle procedure that results in quick recovery. The many benefits of PAL allow Dr. Sofer to give his patients the best results.
View our photo gallery and see real results from our liposuction patients.
Power Assisted Liposuction Benefits
Due to the versatility of the power assisted liposuction and the gentleness it provides to the patient, Dr. Sofer does not need to use as much force during the procedure. Department of Dermatology at Tulane University Health Sciences Center researchers found that 30 percent more fat was removed with power assisted liposuction than with manual liposuction. The study also found greatly reduced bruising, recovery time and complications.
Liposuction — Dr. Sofer’s Approach
Your area of concern is evaluated and surgery is discussed.
Duration of Liposuction surgery
Liposuction surgery ranges from 1–3 hours, which is determined by the degree of the procedure. Dr. Sofer has safety as a primary concern and therefore does not recommend aspirating over 3 liters of fat in one sitting.
Liposuction uses general anesthesia, which is provided in an accredited hospital or surgical facility by an anesthesiologist who is board certified .
- 1–2 hours – recovery room time
- Massaging post-operation can smooth underlying tissue as well as redistribute fat to prevent fat necrosis
- 4–6 weeks – binder will be needed
- 3 days – surgical discomfort will need to be managed with muscle relaxants and pain medications
- 10–14 days – resume your daily living activities
- 4–6 weeks – resume full exercise
Why Choose Dr. Sofer for Liposuction?
As a board-certified plastic surgeon with more than 15 years of experience, Dr. Sofer enjoys a reputation as one of the best plastic surgeons — not only in Fairfield, CT, but throughout the Northeast. His use of the power-assisted liposuction technique is a reflection of his top priorities: the safety and comfort of the patient. The technique produces excellent results with less downtime.
- Dr. Sofer has been working in plastic surgery for over 15 Years.
- Dr. Sofer’s top concern is patient satisfaction and safety.
- Dr. Sofer has a reputation of that emphasizes devoted patient care with unsurpassed surgical skill.
- Dr. Sofer is American Board of Plastic Surgery certified.
- Dr. Sofer is an award winning Plastic Surgeon who has been recognized 4 years in a row as the Best Plastic Surgeon in Fairfield County.
- Dr. Sofer has been awarded by the prestigious Castle Connelly as Top Doctor in NY Metro area and Connecticut.
Cost of Liposuction
The price of liposuction can vary quite a bit, depending on the area or areas treated, the extent of the procedure, and the training and experience of the plastic surgeon you choose to perform the surgery. We provide a detailed price quote after your consultation, which typically includes the following:
- Initial consultation with the doctor and nurses (1 Hour)
- Pre-op appointment to review paperwork and gathering information regarding medication and follow up appointments. Photo are usually taken, implant selection. (1–2 Hours)
- Surgery Fee for your plastic surgeon
- Anesthesia for you surgery
- Operating room fee (equipment, staff and room fee)
- Garments (may or may not be included)
- All Follow up visits (Usually 3–6 visits, 15–30 min each)
- Post-op photos
- Bandages and equipment used during follow up visits.
- 24 hour on call Surgeon
There are some factors that can cause these fees to different from doctor to doctor and place to place.
- Geography: Where you live (Cost of living)
- Surgical Time: For the most part this is an individual factor. Especially in larger surgeries, such as, tummy tuck and mommy makeovers.
- Skill: The skill of your doctor.
We offer CareCredit financing. Call us or click here to learn more about our financing options.
There is a chance to earn future rewards… Learn More