A thigh lift is a plastic surgery procedure that addresses excess thigh skin that is sagging. Thigh lifts raise the supportive, underlying tissue to define the thigh’s shape. A thigh lift can redefine the thigh and tighten the skin.
For some of us, fat and an excess of skin gathers in certain areas and no matter how hard we exercise and diet we attempt, we cannot get a thinner thigh. The excessive skin and fat may rub together and cause irritation and embarrassing discomfort. A thigh lift is a great way to help alleviate this discomfort.
A thigh lift is also a procedure that Dr. Alfred Sofer preforms for patients after massive weight loss. Gastric bypass, lap band surgery or dieting for massive weight loss can leave areas of loose hanging fat and skin that can case discomfort both physically and emotionally. Pinching skin in clothes and irritation from friction can cause rashes and sores on the skin. Ointments and creams may not be enough to alleviate this, so body contouring may be your best option.
Causes for sagging skin of the thigh includes fluctuations in weight, age and heredity.
Thigh lift surgery may be right for you if your inner thighs are sagging or appear loose and full due to excess skin and fat.
View our photo gallery and see real results from our patients.
Things to know about thigh lift procedure
- You can reshape the thighs by reducing excess skin and fat, which results in smoother skin and better-proportioned contours of the thighs and lower body.
- Depending on the severity of thigh sagging, the procedure can be performed in the office or at a Same Day Surgery Center.
- A tight garment will be worn during the healing phase.
Dr. Sofer’s Thigh Lift Approach
Dr. Sofer will evaluate your degree and type of fat and loose skin and then discuss liposuction versus direct surgical excision.
Thigh lift surgery Duration
Surgery will be approximately 2–3 hours, which depends on how much fat and loose skin will be treated.
Anesthesia will be general by a board certified anesthesiologist in an accredited surgical facility or hospital.
Recovery after a thigh lift
- 1–2 hours in the recovery room
- 3 days with pain medications and muscle relaxants to manage discomfort from surgery
- 10–14 days to resume the activities of your daily life
- 4–6 weeks to resume an exercise regiment
Cost of thigh lift plastic surgery
Plastic Surgery Cost Breakdown: These costs usually include a one time fee that includes everything from start to finish. Here is a rough breakdown of the fees:
- 1-hour initial consultation with nurses and the doctor
- 1–2 hour pre-op appointment to gather information and review paperwork about medication and follow-up appointments. Photos are usually taken at the implant selection.
- Surgery fee for your plastic surgeon
- Anesthesia for your surgery
- Operating room fee (equipment, staff and room fee)
- Garments (may or may not be included)
- All follow-up visits (usually 3–6 visits, 15–30 min each)
- Post-op photos
- Bandages and equipment used during follow up visits
- 24-hour on-call surgeon
CareCredit financing is offered as well… Learn More