At Plastic Surgery Center of Fairfield, CT, selecting the appropriate breast implants is a significant decision for our breast augmentation patients. We offer today’s leading breast implant options, including gummy bear breast implants.
As a board-certified plastic surgeon specializing in breast augmentation, Dr. Sofer is exceptionally knowledgeable about breast implants and can guide you to the best choice. Request your consultation online or call (203) 336-9862 to schedule your appointment at Plastic Surgery Center of Fairfield to talk about breast implants and your options. Women visit Dr. Sofer for breast augmentation from Westport, Norwalk, Stamford, and other nearby communities.
View our photo gallery and see real results from our patients.
Selecting Your Breast Implants
Dr. Sofer offers a variety of breast implants to accommodate each woman’s individual preferences and body type. Each type of implant he offers comes in either shaped or round form.
Shaped, or anatomical implants, have a sloping shape with more fullness at the bottom. These implants must be textured to keep them from rotating in the breast pocket. Some women prefer the natural look created by shaped implants. The benefit of round breast implants that they provide more upper pole fullness than shaped implants. If more projection at the base of the breast is desired, high-profile round breast implants can achieve that look.
Essentially, you have 4 breast implant options:
A sterile saline solution is used to fill saline breast implants. Saline implants offer consistent shape, desired firmness, and appropriate feel. They are also filled after insertion, so may require smaller incisions. These implants are also the only ones that are FDA-recommended for women aged 18 to 21.
In contrast to saline implants, silicone implants are filled with silicone gel, which has a more natural breast tissue feel. These implants are approved by the FDA for breast augmentation in women 22 and older. Should you choose silicone, MRI screenings and ultrasounds can be used to assess the breast implant condition.
Gummy Bear Implants
A newer—and very popular—type of breast implant, the gummy bear implant, is referred to as “form-stable” because its highly cohesive gel holds its shape, even when cut. There is no risk of the gel leaking or migrating if the implant shell ruptures. It is designed to be safer and more natural-looking than earlier implant types.
The FDA-approved IDEAL IMPLANT® is a type of structured breast implant filled with saline and containing no silicone gel. The ideal implant was developed to meet the demands of patients who were attracted to the natural look and feel of silicone implants but feel apprehensive about the possibility of a “silent rupture.” Although this event is uncommon, silent rupture—which occurs when an implant leaks but does not change its size or shape—is associated with silicone gel implants.
The benefit of round breast implants that they provide more fullness than form-stable implants. If more projection at the base of the breast is desired, high-profile round breast implants can achieve that look.
Learn more about Sientra® form-stable breast implants.
- The Sientra Choice: Get informed about Sientra’s various implant offerings.
- Before and After Sientra Implants: Learn about reconstructive surgery and breast augmentation.
- What are Gummy Bear Implants?: Discover the difference Sientra implants provide.
- Sientra Breast Implant Warranties: View product warranties.
- Gummy Bear Implant Safety: Read about gummy bear implant safety.
- Sientra Resources and Information: Find FAQs about gummy bear implants.
Get more detailed information about breast implants.
- Shape, Profile, Size, Texture: Read about different breast implant features.
- MENTOR® MemoryShape® Breast Implants: Read more about our teardrop-shaped silicone breast implants.
- MENTOR® MemoryGel® Breast Implants: Consider your safe and reliable silicone breast implant options.
- IDEAL IMPLANT: Learn more about the features and functionality of the IDEAL IMPLANT.
- Saline Breast Implants: Find more saline breast implant information.
- Silicone Safety: Learn about the safety of new silicone implants.
- Breast Implant Warranties: Read product warranties that you should be aware of before surgery.
Breast Implant Pricing
Breast augmentation is typically billed as a 1-time fee that includes your entire experience from start to finish. The associated fees may include:
- Initial consultation with the doctor and nurses (1 hour)
- Preoperative appointment to review paperwork and gather information regarding medication and follow up appointments. Photos are usually taken and implants are selected. (1 to 2 hours)
- Surgeon’s fee
- Operating room fee (includes equipment, staff, and room)
- Price of implants
- Garments (may or may not be included)
- All follow-up visits (usually 3 to 6 visits, 15 to 30 minutes each)
- Postoperative photos
- Bandages and equipment used during follow-up visits
- 24-hour, on-call surgeon
Certain factors influence fees and pricing among plastic surgery practices, including:
- Geography (where you live/cost of living)
- Surgical time (this varies based on the complexity of your surgery)
- The skill of your doctor
- Implant choice