A brow lift, which is also regarded as a forehead lift, raises sagging brows that are hooding the upper eyelids. It places the eyebrows in an alert and youthful position and reduces the wrinkle lines that develop horizontally across the forehead. Brow lifts also improve frown lines and vertical creases that develop between the eyebrows.
In order to better assess and identify your personal needs, we invite you to consult with board-certified plastic surgeon Dr. Alfred Sofer about brow lift surgery. Request your consultation online or call (203) 336-9862 to schedule your appointment.
View our photo gallery and see real results from our patients.
Brow Lift – Dr. Sofer’s approach
With the advent of neurotoxins such as Botox and Dysport, the need for brow lift surgery has significantly reduced. Many patients are satisfied with the amount of eyebrow lift they achieve with Botox or Dysport. However, there are patients who prefer a more permanent solution and therefore opt for a surgical brow lift.
Brow lift surgery Duration
1.5 – 2.5 hours
General anesthesia is completed by a board certified anesthesiologist. It occurs in an accredited surgical facility or hospital.
There will be three incisions in the scalp within the hairline. The tissue is then elevated and anchored in place with the use of endotine…Learn More
Recovery after brow lift surgery
- 1–2 hours in the recovery room
- 3 days managing surgical discomfort with pain medications and muscle relaxants
- 10–14 days to resume daily living activities
- 4–6 weeks to resume your full exercise routing
Cost of brow lift plastic surgery
Plastic Surgery Cost Breakdown (includes a one time fee):
- Initial 1-hour consult with the doctor and nurses
- Pre-operative 1–2 hour appointment to review paperwork, gather information about medication and follow-up appointments and take photos
- Surgery fee for your plastic surgeon and 24-hour on-call surgeon
- Anesthesia for you surgery, operating room fee (equipment, staff and room fee) and garments that may or may not be included
- All 3–6 follow-up visits (15–30 min each), post-op photos and follow-up visit bandages and equipment
Reinvigoration procedures usually performed with brow lifts may include:
- Eyelid surgery to renew aging eyes
- Facelift to revitalize declining changes from the face and neck areas
- Non-surgical skin resurfacing procedures
- Non-surgical botox and dermal fillers
We also offer financing through CareCredit… Learn More