Dr. Alfred Sofer performs blepharoplasty, often called eyelid surgery, in Fairfield, CT, to improve the appearance of sagging, puffy eyelids. He can perform this procedure on the upper eyelids, lower eyelids, or both. Eyelid surgery addresses excess skin and sometimes excess fat.
Dr. Sofer is a board-certified plastic surgeon who has helped numerous women and men from cities such as Westport, Darien, Norwalk, and Stamford achieve more youthful-looking eyes with eyelid surgery in Connecticut. Request your consultation online or call (203) 336-9862 to schedule your appointment.
Dr. Sofer’s Approach
During your consultation, Dr. Sofer evaluates the skin over your eyelids to determine how loose it is. Depending on the specific concerns you have, he customizes a surgical plan tailored to your specific needs. Excess fat is often associated with sagging or bulging eyelids, and it used to be standard to simply remove the fat. Facial rejuvenation specialists such as Dr. Sofer now often reposition the fat instead of removing it for the best results.
Dr. Sofer offers more details about the approach during the consultation. Depending on your personal goals, he may recommend combining eyelid surgery with a facelift or brow lift for the results you want.
|Eyelid Surgery at-a-Glance|
|Average surgery time: 20 minutes to 2 hours (depending in plan)||Immediate recovery: 1 to 2 hours in recovery room*|
|Anesthesia: Local for upper eyelid. General for both upper and lower eyelids.||Pain medication: 3 days*|
|Facility: Accredited surgical facility||Resume daily activities: 10 to 14 days*|
|Surgical technique: Customized based on eyelid||Resume full exercise: 4 to 6 weeks*|
*Keep in mind that each patient is unique and your results may vary.
Cost of Eyelid Surgery
The price of blepharoplasty varies from patient to patient, depending on the extent of the procedure and several other factors. The experience and training of the surgeon, the practice’s location and what is included in the overall cost can all influence the price quoted. At our practice, you pay a single fee that includes the following:
- Initial consultation with the doctor and nurses (1 hour)
- Preoperative appointment to review paperwork, gather medication information and follow-up appointment information, and take photographs (1 to 2 hours)
- Operating room fee that incorporates staff, room fee, and equipment
- Surgery anesthesia and garments which may or may not be included
- Follow-up visits (3 to 6 visits, each 15 to 30 minutes long) and postoperative pictures
- Bandages and equipment used during follow-up visits
- 24-hour, on-call surgeon and plastic surgeon fee
At Plastic Surgery Center of Fairfield, we’re committed to providing access to cosmetic surgery to as many people as possible. That’s why we offer financing through CareCredit®, which specializes in providing loans for health care to qualified individuals.
Benefits of Eyelid Surgery
Upper or lower eyelid surgery (or both) creates a more youthful, rested appearance, especially when compared to procedures such as a brow lift or facelift. During eyelid surgery, Dr. Sofer may do one or more of the following for the desired result:
- Tighten loose or sagging skin that causes folds and interferes with the natural contour of the upper eyelid
- Correct obstructions to the field of vision
- Minimize excess skin and fine wrinkles of the lower eyelid
- Reduce excess fatty deposits that appear as puffiness in the eyelids
- Reduce bags under the eyes
- Lift drooping lower eyelids that reveal white below the iris